The decision to convert your home or business to propane for heating, cooking, and other uses comes with the choice between owning your propane tank or renting one. Generally speaking, most families decide to go with rental propane tank delivery due to the multitude of benefits involved with renting instead of purchasing. Here are the main reasons why you might go this route, too:
- Minimal upfront costs- To purchase a propane tank is quite costly. Depending on the size of the tank, this could be several thousand dollars. With rental propane tank delivery, there is often very little or even nothing to be paid upfront.
- Minimal rental fees- Because the annual rental fee for a propane tank is very low, it would take several years before you came anywhere close to spending what you would to purchase a propane tank. In fact, estimates range between 18 and 35 years!
- Limited liability- When you own your propane tank, you are responsible for anything that could go wrong, whereas with a rental propane tank, the propane company assumes the risk of ownership.
- No maintenance- The propane company is generally responsible for the maintenance and any repairs that the propane tank might need.
- No replacement costs- Propane tanks do not last forever. If you purchase it and it fails, you’ll need to deal with disposing of it and purchasing another propane tank.
If you would like to learn more about propane tank delivery to your Hickory, North Carolina home or business, reach out to us at Bumgarner Propane. Very few people ever go the route of purchasing a propane tank themselves because there are far more benefits involved with renting one. We keep our rates competitive so that it will always be the most cost-effective solution. Contact us today to learn more.